Fair Processing Notice
If you make a booking for accommodation direct with the guest house via telephone, in person or by email, then the following applies – The proprietor of Captain’s Quarters Guest House is the ‘data controller and processor’ for your personal information. This means that the proprietor decides the purpose and means of how your data is used as part of administering the guesthouse.
If however, you make a booking for accommodation via our online booking system, then the following also applies – The proprietor of the Captain’s Quarters Guest House is the ‘data controller and processor’ for your personal information, but we employ an additional data processor namely Booking.com. The privacy policies for Booking.com can be found here – https://www.booking.com.co.uk/privacy/
Your personal information is that information that you provide to the staff of the hotel via telephone, email, letter, or in person or by your completion of the hotel registration form. This information is recorded within the hotel’s accounting software and diary or kept in a locked cabinet.
If you booked online via our own online booking system, then your personal information is that information that you enter during the online booking procedure. The information is recorded by the data processors and sub-processors and stored within the online booking system program. This information is only accessible by you, us and the technicians administering the online booking system. It is not shared with any other party.
The information is used by the proprietor of the hotel in the general running of the guesthouse and this is conditional on the contract with you, to provide accommodation. The categories of information being processed include your name, address, postcode, contact telephone number, email address and signature.
Your information will be shared with staff and auditors for the purposes of administration of the hotel. The proprietor promises not to share your information with any other parties unless forced to do so because of court action or an instruction by the authorities. (Police, Fire, Immigration as an example)
We will never sell your data.
We will keep your details secure.
We will never share your details with third parties for marketing purposes.
We will only ever use your personal data for the purpose from which we collected it from you.
We will ensure we have appropriate security in position to protect your personal data we hold.
Your data will be kept for a period of 7 years from the date of signing the hotel’s registration form. This retention has been determined by The Proprietor of the Hotel in line with the requirements of HM Revenue & Customs in respect of the Income Tax, National Insurance and possible VAT transactions of the hotel.
If you make a booking using an online booking system, like Booking.com or Expedia.com, please refer to those companies’ privacy rules for how the information that you have entered will be stored. We can tell you that once you make the booking, the information is passed to us via email and a copy is stored on our own online booking system operated by The Queensborough Group. Any payment information that you enter remains stored with those companies and is only accessible by us by logging into a secure payment facility.
If you have any questions about how your information is being used, you can contact: –
The Captain’s Quarters Guest House
21 Bath Street
The GDPR provides you with the following rights when it comes to your personal data:
1) The right to be informed how your personal data is being processed.
2) The right of access to the personal data we hold about you, which includes providing copies of the information to you within one month of a request. We may charge
a reasonable fee to provide this information based on our administrative costs of responding (i.e. photocopying, postage, etc).
3) The right to rectification of any incorrect or incomplete data we hold about you.
4) The right to erasure, also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’, where:
5) your information is no longer required for the purpose it was collected;
6) you withdraw your consent;
7) you object to us processing your information and there is
no overriding legitimate interest for continuing the processing;
8) The Captain’s Quarters Guest House has breached the GDPR when processing your data
9) There is a legal obligation to delete the data (such as a court order)
10) The right to restrict processing, which limits what the Captain’s Quarters Guest House can do with your information
11) The right to data portability, where any automated processing of your information based on your consent or as part of a contract is made available for your reuse
12) The right to object to direct marketing or any processing based on the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority or for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics.
13) Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling, where a decision made by a computer has a legal or significant effect on you.
You have the right to lodge a complaint regarding the processing of your personal data to the UK’s supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner, who can be reached using the details below:
The Information Commissioner’s Office
Cheshire SK9 5AF
0303 123 1113
The Captain’s Quarters Guest House makes an offer to you to provide accommodation, subject to you providing your personal information as listed above. This will enable the contract of service to proceed. Failure by you to provide your personal data will lead to the Captain’s Quarters Guest House not being able to provide you with accommodation. By completing our registration form, or online booking form, you are agreeing to opting into us processing the information that you have given. If you are at all unsure as to your rights, please contact us before making a booking.
Policy updated 06/01/2021